POST /rpc/ping HTTP/1.0 User-Agent: Aquilakahecate Host: rpc.technorati.com Content-Type: text/xml Content-length: 250 weblogUpdates.ping Omniscience Annex http://breindood.blogspot.com/

04 January 2005

Ask GMS

Here they come-out of the woodwork. The psychics and related conmen who claimed to have predicted the recent natural devastation. As a follow-on to the Turtle's blog about Madame-I'm-so-psychic-I'm-holy, I picked up the outlines of this character on The Skeptic's Dictionary Gordon-Michael Scallion (no I didn't put the hyphen between his names-it's supposed to make him appear more mystical I guess) seems to have resorted to writing in to his own web page in order to create the illusion that he forsaw it all. You've got to look at his Future Map of the World, available from his website at a price of course to see how accurate he was. In fact, most of that land hasn't been lost at all, as he claims. Most psychics and mystics have a very poor grasp of science, not to mention logic. This ought to make us feel relieved. However, most of their marks-that's a large percentage of the human population-share their handicaps. I've been there myself and should understand that you can't make them consider things rationally if they don't want to.But perhaps still, some of us have got to try. After all, someone managed to get through to me eventually. Or would that be some community?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home